Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Have comments!!!



Little things(like comments) make my day anymore. Blake is having his cath done tomorrow now. Right after I posted my last post his doctors came in and looked at his scar and started him on antibiotics. Luckily the infection was just external. If it had gotten into his blood stream he would've had to be on the antibiotics for 7 to 10 days. I need to start listening to my little nagging mommy voice that I'm just getting use to. I had been telling the residents and his nurses that it looked infected the big kahuna docs kept saying "we'll keep a watch on it, blah, blah. . ." I need to start being more assertive.

"This procedure does carry the possibility of death." I'm sure a lot of you have heard this I've had to only twice now though it will probably always cause that huge lump in my throat. I have such mixed emotions signing the consent forms.

Well I know everything will go great tomorrow(my inner mommy voice says so)!!!

I took this picture today this was the outfit I was going to bring Blake home in. He was due on the 4th of July but came on the 6th. I knew it would be close to the 4th once I made it to July. This was the cutest preemie I could find. I figured he would need a preemie(hey I guess my inner mommy voice started working right before birth!)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Whitney,

My little girl, Emerson, is 19 months old and has WS. I just found you and your your beautiful family. I will say a prayer for your sweet baby. Welcome to this wonderful blogging community. All of these women have become such a great support system for me and I'm not sure where I would be without them. I know... lost, for sure! Good luck tomorrow! Nicole

Lisa said...

I am thinking about you all...I know you'll all be fine tomorrow...I love the outfit he looks great!!!

Laura said...

I'm thinking of you all today.
I love the outfit, he is just so sweet.

Heather said...

Whitney, he is a beautiful little guy. Good choice of outfits. I'm thinking good thoughts for you and him today. Please update us as soon as you are able. We are pulling for him.

Noel said...

I am thinking of you and praying that things go smoothly. Listen to your "mommy" voice...it will help lead you down the right paths. I have used it so many times with Abi...way more than I did with the older 3...and it has saved her more times than not. I have been told by almost every dr that you can not be too careful and to follow your instincts...mom's do know best!

Noel

camille said...

Keep listening to that mommy voice. You're right on the money on that one. I remember after Connor was born and all the digestion issues and crying we had, that the first doctor we took him to told me that "all babies cry" and I wanted to wallop him one in the face. He didn't believe me at all that I just KNEW this wasn't normal. And from then on I became a huge supporter of listening to moms because they know their kids the best!!

I hope the cath goes well. We'll be thinking and praying for you.