Monday, October 22, 2007

2nd opinion

Sorry I haven't updated lately I tried earlier today but my computer went off line right in the middle of reading Noels posts. (I hate dial-up, but alas I'm a country bumpkin and that's all I can get out here. I hope everyone had a good weekend and a nice Monday. Tomorrow Blake and I are going to Indainapolis to Riley's cardiologist team. I had better luck with Dr. Kim last Thursday he had Blake come back Friday for a CT scan they didn't have to sedate him they just swaddled him while he went through the machine. Dr. Kim said they were able to get a good picture. We have an appt back in Louisville with Dr. Kim Wednesday. This week's better than last Blake had five appts last week two on Tuesday so we where busy all week. I'm taking him to Riley to get a 2nd opinion I hate to have Blake go through anymore tests than he has to, but if anything were to happen I don't want to look back and think I should've done more.

Not to switch subjects but I just wanted to give a shout out to my cutie pie step-son and let everone know he turned nine today. We let him have 3 friends over to spend the night Saturday they all seemed to have a good time. It seems when you get them together like that their appetitie doubles. I swear they about ate everything I had in the fridge and cabinets I need to grocery shop again.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Brandon. My girls are piggies whether it is just them or them and there friends. Especially if it is junk.

Amy said...

Hi! I really think Riley is a great hospital and the best at what they do! It is also helpful if Blake's pedia. has a relationship with the docs at Riley so whenever the dr. has a concern he can call and they will advise him. We still go to Riley for the serious stuff, and I think it is well worth the 3 hour drive for us. They have seen TONS of WS kiddos, you will be in good hands there.
XOXO
Amy

camille said...

Thanks for updating, I've been wondering how things are going for you. Yay to Brandon! Last year with a single digit! Next time is the big 1-0.
Hope your appointments go well, keep us posted :)

Heather said...

Hey Whitney, thanks for the update!
I hear ya on the country bumpkin thing... I am too. I hate dial up soooo much!! Happy belated b-day Brandon. They grow up too fast. Mine turns 12 today :(
I told him he could have a few friends over on Saturday, maybe I better stock a cupboard just for them. LOL!

Noel said...

Happy Birthday Brandon! My oldest daughter will be 9 in a week, it's funny all the kids birthdays at the end of the year.
I also have gone the second opinion route. It is hard to put them through the tests again but the piece of mind is worth it, I think. We are going to Louisville to see Dr. Mervis the middle of Jan...we have to meet!!
Noel