Thursday, November 1, 2007

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, I swear

Alright I didn't get to go to Riley's. Here's my excuses, it was raining cats and dogs, my dad was going to go with me to help me navigate the directions but he didn't feel well, and I had Brandon. So since I didn't have anyone going with me I didn't want to drive to Indy(a place that could fit Corydon in one of it's many parking garage's) with my two favorite people in the pooring rain to a place I would be afraid to get lost in. (I'm not the greatest driver, but I'm better than my husband no matter what he thinks :) )

So Blake had to go to his pediatrion Tuesday because he desated and wouldn't recover completely. He kept hanging out around 81 percent to 84. Then he came back up to around 89, but never would stay over that and that was with me more than doubling his Os. He did this on Saturday but it didn't last long I called the cardiologist on call it was around 9 p.m. he told me to watch him. Blake was than already coming back up on his saturation. He didn't have a fever and he seemed fine other than the heavier breathing. Well it didn't happen again til Tuesday and it just seemed worse. Well the ped almost had us go down and be admitted at Kosair. After consulting with the his cardios they said I could just watch him and he'd have an appt with them the next day Wednesday vs Thursday his orginal appt time.

So they deceided to cath Blake on November 14th since last week Blake weighed 10 Ibs ( I was so pround up from 9Ibs 11 ounces from the following week) but this week he weighed 10 Ibs too. The whole desating thing and not gaining weight is motivation . But I also think they want to wrap everything up before Thanksgiving. The time before that Dr. Kim was thinking about doing the cath at the begining of December so Blake would be good and recover before the docs went on their two week Christmas vacation. I know they need down time it will help them be better doctors in the long run. It just weird to think about sceduleing possible life savings events around someones timeshared condo shedule in Miami or wherever. Of course i'm nervous after what happened at Blake's last cath. I keep motivating myself by telling myself that Blake is stonger and about 40% bigger.
I think he's doing better now that he's home. He loves to play in this play pen I rigged up this mat that he kicks it makes the sound of the animal he kicks or there's a key board pic at teh bottom that has a different nursery ryhym song on each key (like Mary had a little lamb) In fact I'm even a bit jealous of his closet that is every time my mom comes over she brings him a couple outfits. I wish I got the same treatment. Blake definetly has more clothes and shoes than me.
Hope everyone had a good Halloween I took Brandon and one of his friends they were both the scream character(of course they planned this) His friends mom actually bought Brandon's costume as his b-day gift. I forgot the camera no pics of that. But I have a pic of Blake in his halloween outfit. But I can't seem to upload any pic from home :(

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hope you guys are doing well. I understand you not blogging. Things are busy when you bring baby home. Glad you had a good halloween.

Heather said...

Thanks for the update Whitney... I know it's busy for you. That is funny about the animal sound mat. I did the same thing for caleb in his crib. He used to kick at it like crazy....Hope you're all well. I can't wait to see how hes grown. I have dial up too. Sometimes I just have to start the upload and walk away and do something else for awhile while the picture loads. It takes forever!!

Noel said...

Thank you for the update. I just sorry it had to include a cath date :( I hope this is what he needs to grow even more and get even stronger!
I am glad that you had a good Halloween.

Noel

Lisa said...

Glad your still out there :) I remember When Tatum was not gaining weignt so good, man that is frustrating...I hate driving i nthe rain to I don't blam ya for not going :)

Laura said...

Thank you for the update. You all are in our thoughts.