Friday, November 30, 2007

In the hospital AGAIN!


So we're back. Blake started breathing heavier and requiring more oxygen. He's actually been doing this off and on for the past few weeks. Dr.Kim kept telling me this was normal with Chronic lung disease and he really hadn't jumped to needing to much more. Well he started requiring almost a full liter he was already at about 60 percent then I had to bump him up to 80 Wednesday. So I took him to his pediatrion right away. She had us admitted at Kosair. We waited in an E.R. holding room from 5:30 to 10:30 before we finally got a room. He had really started belly breathing harder than usually. He always belly breaths a little. So Dr.Kim decieded he would go ahead and do Blake's cath . Dr. Kim thinks that it's all a lung problem right now but believes doing the cath will help if the lungs become worse or if he gets a respritory virus. His heart at least will be as stong as possible to help his lings fight it off. I don't know if his theory is completely correct. I don't think he's having heart failure right now. But I think Blakes strolling along casually toward that road. I think his hearts working harder and obviously that's going to kick the lungs into working harder. They have to constantly work hard. I believe this is why his diaphram is doing double duty and making him belly breath constantly.

So the cath was scheduled for 7:30 this morning. I was trying to remain positive. I thought it was nice that he was going to be the first to go so the docs wouldn't be tired or have their minds on the previous patient. But low and behold, as always Blake got kicked to the curb. A little baby just born a few days ago got sick during the night and needed to go to the cath right away. So they came and gave me an update around 10:30 they had to stop and take that baby to surgery right away. My thoughts obviously weren't on that baby because I said in my head 'good now they can take Blake to the cath lab,' but that baby might need to go straight back to the cath once the surgery is over. I'm thinking that the baby most NEED to go staight back as long as he/she makes it through the surgery or they would've been able to take Blake then. So I can't rut for the other baby not to make it, geez I'm not that selfish. But it is hard for me to sit here knowing Blakes exhausted and starving and not be able to do anything about it. I hate having to rely on other people and certain outcomes before my baby can be helped. I just want to be able to get up and do what ever needs to be done myself. I always feel this helpless feeling, which I utterly hate feeling when dealing with all these doctors. I feel like I shouldve when to medical school so I could help my son successfully and wouldn't 2nd guess my self all the time.

So hopefully they will get him in before the days over I think Dr. Kim is really going to try. I really do like Dr. Kim he's either Asian, chinesse, or something but he's not mean like Dr. Yang and I can understand him completey. I pretty sure he was born over here with us highly intelligent Americans :) If they don't get us in I'm guessing they'll let us go home for hte weekend and then come back at a scheduled time next week. This isn't a really recent pic cause my memory card at home but he was cute then like he's cute now!!

12 comments:

Julie said...

I hope everything goes smoothly. That is a great pic. He looks like he is filling out a little.

Laura said...

We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I hope it all goes smoothly for all of you.
Take care, Whitney.

camille said...

Please keep us posted on what happens. We're thinking of you guys. Blake is looking super cute in that pic :)

Penny said...

I hope everything goes well. I will be thinking of you

Noel said...

I will be praying for Blake. He is tough. I hope that things go well and he gets the help that he needs.

Noel

Heather said...

He sure is cute!
Hope everything turns out fine, and Blakey's feeling better soon..
Thinking of you all! Heather

Katie said...

I hope everything is going well,
Blake is so beautiful!
thinking of you,
xxoo

Tara said...

Keeping you in my prayers and will be checking back often for an update. You are one strong mamma. Hang in there....

Nicole said...

I'll be praying for Blake. Stay Strong!

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

I feel for you, Whitney. It's so hard to be at the mercy of doctors. I hope things go well for all of you.

Unknown said...

I hope all goes well. I will kept you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

We wish you all the beauty, cherished traditions, and joys of this lovely holiday season. May you be surrounded with the things you hold dear and enjoy most, now, and throughtout 2008.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from both of us - and remember that broken cookies aren't fattening!
Warm regards
Ann & Ava Jewel xo