Friday, February 8, 2008

Blake's Doing Better

Blake might possible get his chest closed today. The past two days have been so much better. He still has a lot of extra fluid and his blood pressure still swings every now and then but definitlty not as extreme as earlier this week. Um quick question am I nuts for being all smilely and happy because even though he's still has a long way to go I just feel we're over the worst of it. After he recovers I just feel things are finally going to settle down a little for us. I know we will still have a major moutain to move yet with feeding and that won't just magically go away when we get home. He'll still be on oxygen moderate/severe chronic lung disease may never really go away. I know that the docs have told me some individuals have to have it their entire lives.(I hope not, but I'm not getting my hopes up we'll be able to dicard nasal cannulas and oxygen tanks soon)! I won't complain if it does happen THOUGH!!! Thank you for all your prayers I know he listened. Thinking of you all.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Whitney I am so glad to hear he is doing better. I am also glad to hear you being so optimistic. Your attitude and everyones prayers are what is pulling that baby through.

Laura said...

Thank you for the update! I've been worried sick about you guys.
We are sending hugs and prayers!

Noel said...

Whitney, you are one of the strongest people I know. I honestly think that a good attitude about the future only makes it that much more real. Your attitude does help to pull Blake through all of this. :) Blake knows you are there with him and if you are in a good mood, he will pick up on that.

Thinking of you and praying for all of you,
Noel

Penny said...

I am so glad to hear he is doing better. I am still praying every day

Heather said...

Good news, thank God! I have been so worried about him. You are so strong, and so is Blake. Our kids are fighters! Think about you guys all the time and praying for Blake...... Love, Heather