Sunday, February 3, 2008

Here in Michigan!











Less than twelve hours now. I hope everything goes as smooth as possible. Blake's going to have his aorta patched as much as possible. His whole aorta is prefussly narrow the co-arch where his interrupted aortic arch was repaired has an hour glass pitch then the rest just doesn't open up much at all. Dr. Bove hopes to do a generous patch and go as far down the aorta as possible. Their also going to patch his pulminary stenosis. I'm just trying to stay as positive as possible. I just have this instictive feeling that everything will eventually work after a few weeks and Blake will almost be back to his old self. I HAVE to think that!





I don't think I mentioned it but Blake was baptized Tuesday Jan 22nd. It was beautiful. The pastor came to our house and brought his daughter, son, and wife. We had a few of our realitives over. Hannah the pastors daughter also has Williams Syndrome she just turned 13. She was sooo pretty and sweet.





I also want to thank the Lili Claire Foundation for their generosity during this time. Their a foundation founded by Keith Resnick whose daughter Lili Claire had Williams Syndrome but unfortunaly passed away at 5 mos old. Please check out their foundation to learn more http://www.liliclairefoundation.com/





So if you get a chance please say a prayer for my sweet sweet boy tomorrow.

10 comments:

Katie said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you always :)
I love the photos, Blake is such a handsome little man!
xxoo

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful family, I love the photos, your Blake so adorable. You are right you have to stay positive and believe that everyone is doing all they can for your Blake. Whitney don't forget to take care of yourself, do try and get some sleep and get out for some fresh air.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna

Laura said...

Thinking of you and saying lots of prayers.
The pictures are just beautiful. He's such a little cutie!

Heather said...

Whitney, I am praying for Blake. He is growing up! I can't believe how big he's gotten. The pictures are great. I am glad that you have found some other WS families for support. Best of luck today.....love, Heather

camille said...

We'll be praying for you. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Thinking of you :)

Noel said...

I am thinking of you and want you to know that I am praying as hard as I can that things go smoothly!

Hugs,
Noel

Amy said...

In my thoughts sweetie. XOXO! Blake has come this far, I think that is a good sign for great things to come. He looks so sweet and BIG in the photos! Let me know if you need ANYTHING, I can take a day off and come see you if you think that would help. And yes, my doors are open for you anytime.
Amy

Tara said...

I'm praying for you all. Blake is such a sweetie - I love the photos.

Julie said...

What are the chances of your pastors daughter having ws. Blake is so cute. Lots of prayers from this end. I get a lump in my throat thinking about it. To many memories. Know that it is like I am there with you.

Penny said...

I am praying for you and Blake. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Keep the faith