Monday, September 24, 2007

The good news and the bad, bad, bad news

Good news Blakes G-tube went well for the past couple days he's seemed in a brighter spirit. news the surgeon couldn't preform laproscopy and had to make an incision to complete the nissen. So Blake now almost has a continuous scar theirs about an inch in between them, so that's a little worrisome especially if he's going to have to have another open heart surgery in the future. More Bad news Blake might have a blood clot in his left leg(just found out today) caused by the cath more than three weeks ago. We are waiting on an ultra sound. They also found blood in his urine when they changed him a few hours ago. His nurse has already collected some urine and now we're waiting on the results. His Doc feels that it's either going to be a kidney stone from taking his lasiks for his chronic lung diesease for well almost his whole life now or it will be a urinary trac infection. He doesn't have a fever though and really isn't all that cranky so I'm leaning more toward the stones. Sorta good news his resident feels we might be able to get him on wall oxygen soon, that would be the type I would take him home on, but she also feels he might need it for an extended period of time (she's talking many months to possible years!) Okay so I'm holding up okay I'm getting use to this roller coaster ride. Just to let everyone know Blakes little neighbor passed unfurtantly. I so wished I could report good news for her, it was that same evening. Well I'm sorry I haven't been keepin up on blogging.

11 comments:

Julie said...

I am so sorry about his roommate. My heart goes out to you, I just really want you to be able to take your baby and go home. If it is okay with you I was going to put Blake on our prayer list at church. Blog me back if that is okay.

Julie said...

Whitney,

You don't have to attend church to talk to God. I still struggle sometimes with people at church being fake, it is why I left my old church. Noah had open heart surgery to repair his aortic stenosis last July on his 6 month birthday. He was to the Cardio in the spring, he goes back in January. If everything is okay it will be yearly. He also has the pulmonary stenosis, but they are hopeful he will outgrow it.

Katie said...

Oh Whitney, im sorry to hear about Blakes little room mate :(
I hope Blakes UTI/Kidney Stone is sorted out ASAP - He is such a strong little fighter!
love and prayers to all of you.
xxoo

Lisa said...

Whitney, Wow you all have been through alot!!! You are always in my thoughts....give blake a big kiss for me...Email me sometime, I miss hearing from you :)

Love You, Lisa

Nancy said...

I agree that God can hear you just fine from where you are.

I'm sorry about Blake's struggles, but he sounds like he is really strong and hanging in there. What a little spirit he has! I hope that you can just ENJOY him at home soon.

Being in that environment has got to be taxing. Don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

Heather said...

Whitney, my heart goes out to you and your family. I really hope Blake can go home soon. Try and keep your chin up. I am saying prayers for Blake.

Amy said...

Whitney,
I am not sure what to say, you all continue to endure so much and I just wish that somehow you were given a ticket to take Blake home today. In my thoughts and prayers sweetie. Is there ANYTHING us bloggers can do for you?! Bake you cookies,anything?!! Just ask!
XOXO
Amy

Noel said...

I am sorry that you haven't been getting good news. It is hard to feel like everything they tell you is not going to be good. I hope that things get figured out and you get to take your son home soon.
I am sorry that Blake's roommate passed. It is very hard to relate to someone else and their child and then that child passes. You feel for them.
I want you to know that I am praying for you too. Your family has been through so much already and there never seems to be an end to the struggles you are handed. Keep on moving forward and try very hard to enjoy your time with your family.

Noel

Tara said...

I feel for you so much. I can't imagine everything you've been going through. We are continuing to pray for Blake and will be anxious to hear how he is doing. You are one strong person!!!!

rondata said...

You are a strong lady. It was so much a pleasure talking to you tonight! I love your blog. You may feel that these are your heros but you're mine!

You're awsome! Please keep in touch.

Rhonda

Laura said...

So sorry you have to go through all this. You and Blake are such strong souls. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.