Monday, September 3, 2007

Much Better


Sorry I'm just now getting back to everyone. Friday was rough. We kept getting reports every 30 to 45 min that everything was going fine. Then Dr. Rectol came out and said everything went great and while he was showing us the video feed of Blake's narrowing someone yelled Dr. Recto come quick! It was the scariest time of my life. They extibated Blake and his throat collapsed so they had to intubate and then it slipped in his esophagus they had to give him chest compressions and intubate again! He also had hemothorax(I believe that's what it was called, this is air stuck between his chest wall and lungs. The Dr. had to stick needles in his sides and let the air out. All this took I believe around an hour we were down the hall in the viewing room. We could somewhat hear what was going on. Troy and I were listening terrified at the door til a nurse came by and ushered us back in. finally someone came and let us know he was stable. He had to be intubated Friday, Saturday, and around 1:30 yesterday he was put back on his nasal cannula. He looks much better and seems more content now then before surgery. The whole thing was just so scary. On a happier note I hope every one is having a great labor day. Troy and I did stop by his family reunion for a couple of hours before heading to the hospital so that was nice. Everyone got to see the pictures I have taken of Blake. Everyone thought he was adorable(of course)!
-Picture of Troy(daddy) and Blake

7 comments:

Heather said...

Whitney, I am relieved that everything turned out okay. That must have been awful..... He must be a trooper. :) About your comment on my blog: Caleb is in a Life skills class(special ed). He will potentially have the same teacher, same classroom, same students for a couple of years. I am not very happy about this placement and am going to give him more credit than that and fight for more of a typical placement like he had before. It is complicated and you won't have to worry about such things with Blake for a long time. I appreciate your concern though. I cant' wait to follow Blake growing up! He will be a sweetie, cutie pie I'm sure. xoxo, Heather

Noel said...

I am glad to hear that things are going smoother for you guys now. I hope to hear more details in the future about what was discovered and what was done but for now...all you have to do is breathe and enjoy your family!!

Keeping you in my prayers,
Noel

Amy said...

Oh gee whiz, like he and you all haven't been through enough! Thankfully he is safe and well today.
XOXO
Amy

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for your comment! I really appreciated what you said, especially that he doesn't deserve the pain from what he's been through, but he does deserve the right to live - how very true!

Glad to hear he is doing better and more stabilized; how scary that must have been to go through those few hours not knowing what was going on!

Laura said...

So happy to hear he is doing better. I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. Hopefully you all will be able to breathe a bit easier.

Lisa said...

I am so glad that it went well...I bet you all were just terrified...I can not wait for anothrer update :)

Kati said...

Glad to hear everything is okay with you! I hope you can go home soon and enjoy your little baby :))))))

Love, Kati